Sunday, June 29, 2008

The pilgrimage

So much has happened since my last entry, I left India after journeying to wonderful Sikkim, NE India bordering with Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet. Its a separate state, but even more separate than Scotland from Engand in some ways, foreigners need a special permit to go there. Its a real break from India, prices are regulated, no plastic bags are allowed, there is a curfew of 9pm when everyone has to be off the streets, there is all sorts of messages everywhere reminding one to be environmentally aware. I think I saw a Red Panda in the jungle at 2100 m scooting through the trees. Then I made a mad dash to Nepal before WBengal shut down into strike for 30 days as part of the campaign for the separate state Gorkhaland. Me and my compatriot made a dawn escape into Nepal, only to find more strikes... My pal decided to fly to Kathmandu, but I wanted to wait for the strike to be over and take the bus. Well it is all clear now why, Buddha wanted me to go to him. I met Vision/ Darshan who told me about a living Buddha in the jungle, I was captivated, and wanted more and more stories of a Bodhisatwa in the jungle in E Nepal

No comments: