Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Choosing happiness

So here I am in Dharamsala, what a gorgeous place, I have such a good feeling from it already. The bus ride from Manali was fantatic entertainment, 10 hours of divine Indian scenes, and bouncing children, and aching seat bones....
Manali was a breif stop, but contained delights of course, a full moon party in the middle of a forest, with some lovely traveller folk.
I ached a bit to leave Ledakh, it gave me so much, but in the usual travelling fashion I soon discovered some new beams of light in the form of 2 Californians who led me to a lovely home in Vashist. But I felt sad to leave behind the sun capped mountain peaks, always smiling, always changing. I met some really class people before I left too. I gained so much from my time in Ledakh, it gave me so many new perspectives. Inspired by a beautiful meditation I wrote this poem
Veins
External and internal
Keep the flow
Dynamic and refreshing
Continuous change repeating
Streams rushing purposefully with their precious load
Nourishing and sustaining life
Delivering hope and loy to all in their paths
These blessed energy systems of all life
Galantly serve their duty
With humility, resolution and grace.


Six months after arriving into India I can safely say that I have fallen in love with the mother, the culture here is so very different from the one I have always known, and indeed from state to state within India, but now it feels like I have absorbed her into my skin, and am excited and delighted to be here, and a little concerned about how I will adapt back to life in the west eventually- any advice from folk who've made the transition is warmly welcomed.

No comments: