Monday, October 13, 2008

Seeing things as they really are

Just out of vipassana retreat, my second experience and much more powerful than the first, my medtation has come on lots and I worked really hard. Concentrating one's mind for 10 hours a day is no mean feat, from 4.30 am till 9pm we are working on our meditation. Sitting in a meditation posture for all this time is an amazing experience, my body is so toned and fit now which is bizarre after not doing any conventional exercise for 12 days! And the pain that one experiences is undescribable, and not relieved by adjusting posture even. I was able to enjoy the experience this tme immensely and met yet more sisters of course who I went on a fantastic expedition to a mountain 10km walk away and spent the night in a cave under the full moon...... Divineness...
I realised that I suddenly was pining for my friends and family for the 1st time achingly.
I have decided to return for the job with The banyan next summer probably.
Eagles and vultures, kites and crows circle the wind currents above the city continuously reminding one of freedom and simplicity. Dharamsala is a gorgeous place but it is tinged with saddness, as there are many Tibetans here living in exile hoping that Tibet will be one day free from the human rights violations of the Chinese authorities when they will be able to return.

No comments: