Friday, March 21, 2008

Velcro head

Greetings from Pakistan
We crossed the border yesterday with success. We spent last night in a police station in Dalbandin, between Taftan and Quetta. We were treated as princesses and treated to free haircut *me and my travel companion Tesse a dutch angel both had our heads shaved, we realise it would have been a good idea to do it earlier as our head scarves stay on muchbetter
We got a liftall the way to Quetta with a German couple and here weare. We feel like we have stepped onto the subcontinent.... which of course we have Iran is developed and feels western but here is totally different from anything experienced b4. We have been welcomedwith delightful hospitality and grace camels, smiling open faces and enormous generosity.
I am yet to translate my Iran experience into words to share with you all. I will do. I will try to depiect the diversity of experiences and gifts that I recieved. The iranian new year no ruz *more barak *the sun calender fell on 2th 9am and this was beautifulto share, and totally crazy in Yazd on 18th.
I have photos theycan helpme to communicate but probablynot completely. when Ican download them depends.... Cantcharge my camera and technology seems to be a bit spacey here.
I love these moments
More soon
love to all
Ktoe xx

No comments: